Saturday, March 14, 2009

Illness and inactivity

Things have been a bit quiet around here lately, due in large part to my being ill. I'm ill a lot, and the past few months especially. I'm prone to sinus infections, which just don't clear up; I'm having surgery in the next little while to fix a deviated septum (too much cartilege on the inside of my nose, impeding the airway and preventing the sinus from draining properly), which hopefully will go at least some way to making things better. In the short term, I seem to be on the upswing, so hopefully will post more here soon. I've been able to get posts up while going through rough patches over the past couple months, so I don't see why that can't continue.

The annoying thing about being sick -- well, there are a lot of annoying things. One thing in particular is the sheer variability of it. Sometimes you feel better than others. For a few minutes maybe you have some energy to work with; then it vanishes, and you collapse into an unpleasant clammy sleep. It's hard to make plans. Hard to be sure, even when you do feel better, that it's going to last. All of which said, it's important not to exaggerate: things could be a lot worse for me. 

It's just damned frustrating.

No comments: